A Quick Introduction to Lourdes Academy
The mission of Our Lady of Lourdes Academy is to educate young women to face the future strengthened by their faith, prepared and confident in their abilities to achieve their goals and committed to their Catholic and American heritages.
Philosophy of Education
The philosophy of all Catholic education is based on and conditioned by the Catholic philosophy of life: each person, endowed with body and soul, has not only a purpose in this world but an eternal destiny. Vatican II states: ‘A true education aims at the formation of the human person with respect to this ultimate goal’. Because education is a preparation for life and not just for a livelihood, it must consider the ultimate purpose of human living and the means by which that purpose is to be realized. The Catholic school, therefore, is concerned with imparting knowledge in an atmosphere in which spiritual values are acknowledged. We recognize that a personal understanding of duties to country and neighbor is an essential part of education. We believe that these duties are effectively discharged only when each individual understands that the person, the community, and the environment are all part of an interlocking relationship with God.
OLLA GRAD AT GRAD
Upon graduation, a graduate of Our Lady of Lourdes Academy can be described as:
a well-rounded woman of faith who
- has spiritual values founded on the traditions and teachings of the Catholic Church;
- is grounded by the school’s motto, “With Mary In All Things;”
- lives a life of civic and Christian duty;
- continues to discover her God-given gifts and uses her own voice;
- is respectful and compassionate.
an intellectually-competent young woman who is
- articulate and ready to fulfill her responsibilities as an honest citizen, committed family member and responsible employee/employer;
- self-driven and a well-spoken leader that exercises problem-solving and critical thinking skills;
- comfortable and competitive in a digital world.
OUR SEVEN PILLARS
- STUDENT LIFE