The Lourdes Athletic Hall of Fame was formed for the purpose of recognizing and honoring those student-athletes, coaches, teams, and special individuals who have made an outstanding contribution and/or offered extraordinary service to Lourdes Academy Athletics.
The next induction ceremony will take place in 2021.
The following criteria are considered when making inductee selections:
Who is eligible?
- All former Lourdes Academy athletes, coaches and championship teams who have had outstanding success or a lengthy period of distinguished service to the school are eligible for consideration
- Athletes must have concluded their Lourdes careers at least 10 years ago; coaches upon retirement
- Each inductee shall have demonstrated a consistent respect and loyalty to Lourdes Academy with good sportsmanship and citizenship character. They must represent the Lourdes tradition of excellence and the values and teachings of the mission of Lourdes Academy
- Must have lettered in at least 1 varsity sport
- Must have graduated from Lourdes Academy in good academic standing.
- Contribution to team(s) and to game(s) in which they participated
- Significant athletic achievements at Lourdes and beyond
- May be nominated for more than one category at one time and may be inducted as an individual and championship team in the same or different classes.
- If there is a tie in the nominations the earlier graduate will be chosen.
- If not selected posthumously, must be present to accept the award. If unable to attend the ceremony will be inducted the following year or until able to be present.
Who can nominate an athlete or coach?
No self-nominations. Nominations can come from classmates, teammates, siblings, parents, children, friends, extended family, former coaches and teachers. Once a nomination has been submitted it will be kept on file for 5 years and does not need to reapply.
Induction ceremony will be held at Lourdes Academy bi annually during odd years, beginning in 2015.
Ways to nominate:
- Submit an online nomination form HERE
- Contact Maura Herrholz, Lourdes Athletic Director, at 305-667-1623, ext. 239