Our Lady of Lourdes Academy selectively employs knowledgeable, passionate and dedicated individuals, who support the school’s mission “to educate young women to face the future, strengthened by their faith, prepared and confident in their abilities to achieve their goals.” The school employs or contracts teachers who hold baccalaureate or higher degrees and who are professionally certified or in the certification process. If you would like to join our team, please send resumes with a cover letter to our Vice Principal for Personnel Sister Maryanne Lynch, IHM at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in Our Lady of Lourdes Academy.
High School Environmental Science Teacher
Our Lady of Lourdes Academy, an all-girl, archdiocesan high school, in South Miami-Dade, that proudly boasts a history of strong academics, competitive athletics, spiritual service and extracurricular achievement (www.olla.org), is looking for an experienced educator qualified to teach Environmental Science for the 2021-2022 school year. This teacher will be expected to plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program for High School Science instruction. This candidate performs all duties and responsibilities in alignment with the mission, vision and tenets of the Catholic Archdiocese of Miami.
Founded in 1963, Our Lady of Lourdes Academy is a certified STEM school that seeks “to educate young women to face the future strengthened by their faith, prepared and confident in their abilities to achieve their goals and committed to their Catholic and American heritages.”
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Florida Department of Education (FDOE) Professional Educator Certificate in Environmental Science or related field, Grades 9-12.
- Exhibit intellectual curiosity and a passion for fostering confident lifelong learners.
- Demonstrated interest and experience in creating a student-centered learning environment.
- Knowledge and skill in use of instructional technologies, including iPads, in the classroom.
- Candidate should be familiar with Google Classroom, online gradebooks and Smart Board; he/she should have a willingness to work with such technology.
- Interest and experience in interacting with students outside of the classroom in co-curricular activities.
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills, including a clear speaking voice.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Must have a professional demeanor.
- Must be fully committed, supportive and respectful of the mission, teachings and tenets of the Roman Catholic Church.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE